March 21, 2011 Leave a comment
25 Highly Useful Kotowaza–Japanese Proverbs with Sound and detailed explanation
Proverbs are sometimes thought of as clichés—but with a poetic touch. Proverbs, however, are not meaningless, overused phrases. They often express in a pithy and precise way complex meanings that would otherwise require a great deal of explanation.
Japanese tend to use kotowaza often—more often than most English speakers. These 25 proverbs represent some of the more useful kotowaza heard in daily Japanese life.
You‟ll notice them in movies, in writing, and most importantly spoken by friends and colleagues. Knowing common kotowaza will not only help you express your thoughts more clearly, but also take your Japanese to a whole new polished level.
This app includes:
* 100 sound files with normal and slowed down speed for each proverb AND normal and slowed down speed for each example sentence.
* Detailed usage and linguistic explanations and notes
* Flashcard to test your memory
* Take the interactive Quiz
* Internet connection NOT necessary