March 21, 2011 Leave a comment
Hundreds of wise and witty quotes from the Founding Fathers of the United States.
Works on iPhones or iPod Touches
Read and study quotes by:
John Adams (and the Founding Mother Abigail!)
And many more!
* 550+ quotes (more to be added in updates of course!)
* Biographies given for most of the authors (linked from each quote by that person)
* Browse the quotes by the Father (author) or by Categories (e.g. Advice; Character/Honor; Constitution; Economics; Liberty; etc)
* Declaration of Independence and Constitution
* The complete Federalist Papers
* Search for quotes–find any word in any quote easily
* Each quote has date, author, and background information if available
* Favorite any quote for easy review; you can also easily delete favorites
* Email quotes to friends easily
* Test your skills with the quiz: a quote is displayed with four names; you have to choose the correct author
* Review missed quotes at the end of the quiz by jumping to the individual quote pages
* Random — feeling lucky? Tap to see a random quote.
* Beautiful graphics and artwork
Why is this app different from other quote apps?
Most quote apps out there are simply flashcard apps with little or no information or interactivity. This is fine for reading, but for those with a genuine interest in the founding era of the Republic, our app contains context and date information. One of the reasons we created this app was because so many wonderful quotes found on the internet and other apps are misattributed or–perhaps worse–left unnamed or undated.
We have researched each of the quotes found in the app and have done our best to make sure the quote and the information is accurate. (of course PLEASE let us know if you spot any errors!)
Also ours isn’t simply a list of quotes in a flashcard format. We have included bios of the major players, a search function to quickly find any keyword, an interactive quiz, a way to email a quote to a friend, and a favorites feature.
We sincerely want to make this a useful app for lovers of American history–if you have ANY suggestions or corrections, please email us or give us a call.